Literature Resources and Criticism Selected by Harold Bloom
Bloom's Literature, formerly Bloom's Literary Reference Online, has been updated with a new design, new features, and enhanced video offerings. This accessible database features content from Facts On File's extensive literature collection; hundreds of Harold Bloom's essays examining the lives and works of great writers; thousands of critical articles published by noted scholars under the Bloom's Literary Criticism imprint; extensive entries on literary topics, themes, movements, genres, and authors; and more than 4,300 video clips. The redesigned home page now offers spotlights of a featured author, work, and video; direct browsing of Bloom's Literary Canon; a link to search by education standards; and more. Enhanced browse and search features include in-text links and numerous options for further research, including the ability to browse characters, authors, and works. Entries can also be browsed by date, author type, literary genre, and nationality, and users can now refine their searches using multiple criteria at once. A new Performance Video gateway page provides easy access to all full-length videos of classic productions—which can now be watched either in their entirety or scene by scene using the convenient clips.
- Full-length videos of classic plays: streaming video of more than 160 famous productions—including King Lear (starring James Earl Jones) and Little Women (starring Elizabeth Taylor)—plus video clips on important literary topics from Harold Bloom and other scholars
- Complete coverage: essays and criticism examining the lives of great authors and their works throughout history
- Bloom's How to Write about: specific, student-friendly guidance on how to write good essays on frequently assigned authors and works of literature
- Works: overviews, synopses, analyses, and literary criticism of thousands of works
- Authors: a wealth of content on the finest contemporary and classic writers from around the world
- Literary criticism: critical essays from Facts On File's extensive collection, Harold Bloom's acclaimed essays, and critical articles from the Bloom's imprint
- Topics and themes: in-depth, full-text entries on literary movements, groups, periodicals, and historical events that help place literature in context
- Characters: information on more than 49,000 major and minor literary characters
- Discussion questions: more than 9,000 questions providing research and writing suggestions on a range of literary topics
- Authoritative source list: more than 1,700 scholarly and critical books, more than 700 books from Infobase, and more than 500 peer-reviewed journals and other periodicals.
- Images and tablet/mobile-friendly videos
- Browsable timeline
- Harold Bloom's Canon of Literature
- Search by Common Core, state, national, International Baccalaureate Organization, and College Board AP standards to find correlating articles
- "Did You Mean...?" and other powerful search features
- Persistent record links
- Dynamic citations in MLA and CMS formats.